Spectrum of Solutions Workshop
Marconi Automotive Museum
1302 Industrial Drive
Tustin, CA 92780
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
About Our Seminars
Techniques and Methodologies to Precise Color Communication
In this hands-on workshop, attendees will apply color theory to real world applications. This is a more in-depth color workshop than our 2 hour seminar. In addition to an educational presentation on the fundamentals of color science, our color expert will walk attendees through visual and instrumental exercises evaluating the color and appearance of various samples. Specifically, looking at appearance measurements such at gloss, reflectance Haze, Distinctness of Image, image sharpness, waviness measurement methods. Attendees will leave this day-long workshop with a concrete understanding of how to measure and visually evaluate the color and appearance of products, interpret instrumental color measurement results, accurately communicate color to others, and standardize their color process internally and throughout the supply chain.
- Educational Resource Kit: Each attendee will receive an educational resource kit from Konica Minolta Sensing Americas. This package contains several samples and exercises to help you standardize or improve the color quality process.
- Precise Color Communication Booklet: A must-have resource for manufacturers and suppliers, this booklet details color control from perception to instrumentation. Topics include how different elements affect the appearance of color, how color is evaluated and measured, color measurement instrumentation, and various color terms used in the color quality process.
- Certificate of Completion: After the workshop, each attendee will receive a personalized Certificate of Completion.
Please note, this workshop is limited to 25 attendees only.
Topics Covered & Who Should Attend
- Fundamentals of Color Science
- Color Communication
- Standardizing the Color Quality Process
- Visual and Instrumental Color Evaluation Techniques
- Color Difference Measurements
- Setting Color Tolerances
- Understanding and Identifying Metamerism
- Application Needs and Solutions
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance Professionals
- Quality Engineers
- Color Scientists and Lab Technicians
- Design Engineers
- Color Specifiers
- Color and Appearance Decision Makers
Jodi has 20 years of experience in color reproduction in the Graphic Arts and Digital Imaging Industry and received her Master of Science from Rochester Institute of Technology. She has conducted and developed software and hardware training for sales, support, and end users. She is responsible for troubleshooting customer issues with Quality Control and Formulation software as well as color measurement equipment. She has years of experience working with customers to find the right solutions for their color measurement needs.
This seminar costs $250 to attend, please complete the registration form and pay via Paypal.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 7 business days prior to the event to receive a full refund, less a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellations made less than 7 business days prior to the event date will be nonrefundable.
If interested in holding a private, on-site Spectrum of Solutions workshop at your facility, please contact us at marketing.SUS@konicaminolta.com.