RANGE 7 3D Laser Scanner
A new era of non-contact 3D scanning will start with KONICA MINOLTA RANGE7
KONICA MINOLTA RANGE 7 3D laser scanning will open up the possibilities of non-contact 3D measurement by adding further reliability, operability and transportability to Konica Minolta’s reliable optical technologies and AF/AE controls.
New function added – Dark surface mode
The dark surface mode function enables the measurement of objects with reflectance as low as 2.5% without the use of special darkrooms or spraying of the object, achieving the industry’s top level of low reflectance performance. With the addition of the dark mode function, ultra-low reflectance surfaces (dark objects) can be measured without being sprayed and measurement inaccuracies caused by uneven thickness of the sprayed layer can be eliminated. Plus, the work involved in pre-measurement surface preparation (spraying) and post-measurement surface cleaning is also no longer necessary, leading to drastic improvements in work efficiency. This new function also reduces environmental load since spray and cleaning liquids are not used.
Field-oriented robust design with a high accuracy of ±40 μm and a 1.31 million-pixel sensor!
The RANGE 7 achieves the highest level of guaranteed accuracy for a non-contact camera type 3D measurement instrument by utilizing a new 1.31 megapixel CMOS sensor that detects finely detailed shapes as well as newly designed optics. The RANGE 7 provides an accuracy of ±40 μm according to ball bar accuracy testing based on VDI/VDE 2634 guidelines.
In addition, the RANGE 7 has been designed with the concept of on-site use, minimizing the influence of instrument tilt, temperature changes, and other variables at the time of measurement to provide high reliability in actual-use environments such as in factories, etc.
* Measurement conditions: TELE lens, 450mm distance, 20°C±1°C ambient temperature, other conditions according to Konica Minolta Sensing standards.
Quick two-second scanning and 3D preview function!
Original high-speed processing circuits enable high-speed scanning of approximately 2 seconds per shot. In addition, the RANGE 7 is equipped with a 3D preview function allowing users to predict the measurement results and check for scan area depth, dead angles, scan problems due to surface conditions, etc. beforehand to greatly reduce scanning mistakes.
Further advanced AF and new measurement algorithm!
TELE and WIDE lenses can be interchanged according to the measurement subject to provide a broad scan range.
In addition, the autofocus (AF) function has further advances that only Konica Minolta could provide, with a multi-focus mode that automatically shifts the focus position to provide sharp, high-accuracy 3D measurement data and a point AF function that adjusts the focus to the point specified by the user, enabling scanning work to be performed without being concerned with fine positioning of the measurement subject.
Plus, the new sensor and original measurement algorithm provide an expanded dynamic range. Even objects with gloss, such as metallic surfaces, can be measured.
Compact and lightweight, all-in-one unit weighing only 6.7 kg!
The size and weight of the RANGE 7 are less than half those of previous models. Its compact, lightweight design enables the camera and controller to be integrated into a single body weighing approximately 6.7kg to provide high mobility in measurement environments. In addition, when the optional stand is used, the RANGE 7 can be easily moved about and measurements can be taken when necessary for stress-free work. (As with previous models, a tripod can also be used.) Plus, user calibration can be performed with the RANGE 7 mounted on the stand.
Newly developed RANGE VIEWER scanning software supports comfortable scanning operation!
This software, included with the instrument as a standard, provides various editing functions from scanning control of the instrument and registration of measured data to data integration.
Large amounts data can be handled.
- User-friendly, easy-to-use GUI
- Smooth interaction with third-party application software
- Windows® Vista (64-bit) supported
- Measuring method
- Triangulation light block method
- Light source
- Semiconductor laser; Wavelength: 660nm
- Laser class
- Class 2 (IEC60825-1 Amendment 2)
- Number of pixels taken
- 1.31 megapixels (1280×1024)
- Measurement distance
- 450mm to 800mm
- Receiving lens
- TELE; WIDE
- Measurement range (Units: mm)
X × Y Z TELE; Distance: 450mm 79×99 54 TELE; Distance: 800mm 141×176 97 WIDE; Distance: 450mm 150×188 109 WIDE; Distance: 800mm 267×334 194
- XY direction measurement interval (Units: mm)
TELE; Distance: 450mm 0.08 TELE; Distance: 800mm 0.14 WIDE; Distance: 450mm 0.16 WIDE; Distance: 800mm 0.28
(Distance between balls)*1
- Precision (Z, s)*2
- Scan time
- Approx. 2 sec. (1 scan)
- Preview function
- Yes (Approx. 0.4 sec./scan)
- Ambient lighting condition
- 500lx or less
- File format*3
- Input/output: Konica Minolta proprietary formats .rgv, .rvm;
Output only: .stl
- Output interface
- USB 2.0 High Speed
- Included AC Adapter
Input voltage: AC 100 to 240V (50/60Hz)
Rating: 1.4A (at AC 100V input)
- 295 (W) × 190 (H) × 200 (D) mm (Not including grips and lens)
- Approx. 6.7kg
- Operating temperature/humidity range
- 10 to 40°C; Relative humidity 65% or less with no condensation
- Storage temperature range
- -10 to 40°C; Relative humidity 85% (at 35°C) or less with no condensation
- When measuring distance between balls for a ball bar as defined in VDI/VDE 2634-2 under Konica Minolta measurement conditions.
Konica Minolta measurement conditions: Temperature: 20±1°C; Lens: TELE; Measurement distance: 450mm; Warm up: 20 min.; Software used: Konica Minolta processing software; After calibration of instrument; Measurement subject: Konica Minolta standard (2 balls); Arrangement of measurement subject: Konica Minolta standard arrangement (10 locations inside measurement space); Uncertainty of standard not included
- Measurement conditions: Temperature: 20±1°C; Lens: TELE;
Measurement distance: 450mm; Warm up: 20 min.;
Measurement subject: Konica Minolta standard planar chart;
Software used: Konica Minolta processing software; 1σ value
- Using Konica Minolta processing software
Specifications of Konica Minolta 3D Data Processing Software RANGE VIEWER
- Readable formats
- Konica Minolta proprietary formats .rgv (Single-scan data cloud), .rvm (multiple data)
- Data output
- ASCII point group; Binary point group (including normal vectors)
Konica Minolta proprietary formats .rgv, .rvm
- Measurement functions
- Monitor image; Preview; AF/AE; Measurement
Control of rotary stage (Konica Minolta optional accessory)
- Editing functions
- Data alignment; Data merging; Point group deletion
- Point group shading
- Windows Vista 64-bit (x64)
- Core2Duo, Xeon, or better
- 4GB or more
- Graphics display capability of 1280×1024 or more
- Graphics board
- OpenGL compatible board (verified-compatible board recommended)
- USB 2.0 port
No accessories for this product.