Benefits of Using Konica Minolta’s Portable Luminance Meters
With increasing innovations in the lighting industry, light meters have become important in measuring in a wide range of applications across many industries. These powerful luminance meters give technicians an accurate appraisal of the characteristics of any number of light sources for quality control and other important purposes.
Konica Minolta's LS-150 or LS-160 luminance meters encompasses many features that make them light meters of choice among professionals. They are in the higher range of DIN quality class B, and are light and compact units that are easy to handle and run on AA batteries.
The LS-150 or LS-160 luminance meters use a single lens reflex optical system. With it, users can achieve targeting at an amazingly precise level, with the assurance that, even at short ranges, the exact measuring area will show up clearly in the viewfinder. When using the optional close-up lens with the LS-160 model, users can obtain accurate light measurement data even as small as an area measuring only 0.4mm in diameter.
The LS-150/LS-160 light meter's LCD screen and viewfinder both display the value of measured luminance. The viewfinder allows the technician to measure the object with the advantage of not having to maneuver the meter away from their face. The LS-160’s neutral density eyepiece filter (included) ensures safety when measuring very strong sources of light. Stability is certain with a uniquely designed pistol grip
For measuring very dark surfaces, the LS-150 luminance meter is the meter of choice with its range starting at 0.001cd/m2. Calibration and color correction tasks are simpler. When correcting luminance levels, users choose a standard luminance, and the unit automatically corrects discrepancies for the desired sources of light specified by the end-user.
Other measurement values the LS-150/LS-160 can read include luminance ratio, peak luminance and instantaneous luminance. The ability to connect directly to a computer, with the included software, gives the versatility for controlling measurements from a PC through repeated interval measurements for a specific number of times. It is easy to export data to various external applications. In addition, the optional illuminance adapter allows for convenient illuminance measurements.
Konica Minolta builds all of our luminance meters with a commitment to innovative technological advancements. Our customers use our instruments in measuring critical applications that demand accuracy as well as simple, uncomplicated functions that keep projects on schedule.
Here is a brief overview of the benefits and features of this portable measuring instrument:
- A lightweight, battery-powered, portable unit with high dynamic range and accuracy of an 1° or 1/3° acceptance angle based on LS-150 or LS-160 model.
- Ranked in higher range of the DIN quality class B category
- SLR (Single Lens Reflex) provides precise targeting and exact measurement area
- Capable of measuring extremely small areas
- Measurement data appears on both the viewfinder and the backlit LCD screen, allowing users more ease in focusing on their targets
- Neutral density eyepiece filter allows measurements of bright light sources safely
- Specially designed grip for easier handling and stabilization of instrument
- Measurable range with a luminance as low as 0.001cd/m2 (LS-150) or .01cd/m2 (LS-160)
- Eligible ISO 17025 Certification
- User-friendly calibration and color correction functions
- Set for luminance ratio, peak luminance and instantaneous luminance
- Connection to a personal computer for a unique functionality with included USB cable.
- Optional CCD camera adapter enables viewfinder to be monitored from a distance
- Instrument’s memory capabilities allows multiple points to be measured and stored.
Konica Minolta Sensing invites you to learn more about how we can supply the precise technology you need for your specific light measuring projects.
Contact us at (888) 473-2656, or you can contact us through our website: http://sensing.konicaminolta.us/contact-us/
Color & Appearance Measurement Blogs
Supply Chain Management: Cloud Technology Optimizes Process for Controlling Brand and Product Colors
Light & Display Measurement Blogs
Konica Minolta acquires Instrument Systems, focuses on enlarging its illuminance meter and other measurement-technology markets