(Discontinued) CM-512m3 Spectrophotometer
View our latest version of this instrument, the CM-512m3a Spectrophotometer.
The CM-512m3 is a multi-angle spectrophotometer designed specifically for metallic paints. It uses an exclusive geometry with 0 deg viewing and illumination at 25 deg, 45 deg, and 75 deg angles.
This special geometry is truly symmetric and therefore free of orientation errors often found in traditional multi-angle instruments. In addition, this illumination gives very accurate results even on curved surfaces. Therefore difficult samples such as vehicle mirror bodies or door handles can be measured easily. The CM-512m3 is extremely rugged because it is free of any moving parts.
The temperature data of the sample is measured at each measurement. This data is memorized with each sample reading, so that thermochromatic effects can be analyzed. Another practical feature is the infrared data transfer to an external PC, which frees you from troublesome cable connections.
- A single operation allows measurements to be taken simultaneously from three different angles (25 deg, 45 deg, and 75 deg)
- With illumination provided from 18 radial directions, the effect of workpiece orientation on measurement results can be eliminated.
- The graph display function enables easy color judgment even on production sites without using a personal computer.
- With the CM-512m3, the DELTAE00 (CIE 2000) equation is used with parameters fine-tuned based on proprietary knowhow to provide measurement data for metallic/pearl coatings which correlate well with visual evaluation.
- Color value: L*a*b* , L*C*h,Color difference: DELTAL*a*b*, DELTAL*C*H*, DELTAE*ab, CMC(l:c) , DELTAE00(CIE DE2000)Standard Observer: 2 deg/10 deg Standard Illuminant: A, C, D50, D65, F2, F6, F7, F8, F10, F11, F12
- The CM-512m3 supports automatic average measurement and manual average measurement. In the former, precision is increased by taking multiple measurements of the same specimen location setting; in the latter, measurements of different specimen locations are performed to efficiently determine the overall average data. In addition, an outlier elimination function allows the two measurements with the greatest difference from the average to be removed before calculation is performed.
- Judgment as to whether or not a measured color is within a specific range can be made at a glance, thus simplifying quality-checking procedures.
- The CM-512m3 can store a total of 440 items of color-difference target data and measurement data.